20110916

Single Speed Commute - Schwinn Traveler Custom

YO!

As per usual, the GARMIN date for your viewing pleasure right HERE.

So Here is the story:
I awoke to one of MANY alarms this morning around 0530 ish in Canton while still dreaming about fixies and skid stopping, it dawned on me that today would be the coldest day of summer, as for commuting goes. It must be noted that I am no slouch when it comes to cold weather riding, in fact, I do quite a bit of icy rides and enjoy them quite much actually, to name a few, the Worst Ride Of The Year comes to mind, this was a doosey! and the Barry Roubaix wasn't too far off the pucker factor either with a freezing temperature of SEVEN degrees F! Needless to say, I love commuting and don't mind the cold at all, it is soothing to me.
This was today at 0700, it was actually quite nicer, I missed the shot as I was trying to get passed Ford Rd and on to the trail (I-275 Bike Path) so this shot was taken at Ann Arbor Trail and the path. The commute was very brisk thereafter as I decided to stow my yellow rain jacket atop my luggage. Honestly I was contemplating putting my jacket back on, but followed RULE #5 and kept on keeping on.






The commute was rather enjoyable and at a decent pace, all things considered, since I was rolling on my heavy commuter with gear all up hill, in the rain, and sleet and snow... barefoot.. okay not bare foot but it was a good workout all the same.

An hour and ten or so later we ended up at work, and made the aforementioned video doing the "Bike Check" and then after editing the video and upping it via iPhone to YouTube, I noticed something in the picture... it was something missing and now I want you to play Along with me and try to find it, be honest and you will enjoy the game more that way. First I present you with a photo of today, after shooting the video.







Great HUH?!



 
Now, scroll down if you want to see the answer.

Hint:  It was below the Play Arrow on the YouTube video above.















.




























.



































.






























.

























.





























.































.





I wasn't kidding.




























.
























.































.




































.





































BOOM!
NO BLINKY!!! Whisky Tango Foxtrot!

I lost my damn blinker!! Not just a blinker but my very first blinker i had purchased two years ago in this video. So it is SPECIAL to me. I must have lost it between Seven Mile and work, most likely on the bumpy service drive, which compels me to ride back the same way to find it. I was planning on exploring a new site, however in hindsight, it would be far too dangerous going alone dressed in a Pink tight shirt, self preservation is key here. ;-)

We did meet our goal for the Komen for the Cure benefit thought, here is my page as it stands today. I want to publicly thank each and every one of you for contributing, that means you Dan, thank you very much brother! I single Dan out because he is the only one who reads my blog, at this time anyway. I'm content with that as I really don't post anything that cool anyway.



Well, that is my lunch hour, I must finish and check the grammar later. it is a fine good day and I would like to share a Bible verse with you now, it goes something like this:

1 Corinthians 16:14


"Let all your things be done with love."







-WCFTW

1 comment: