20110902

Commuting Hundreds of Miles...

私は一方通行にし、17マイル、約仕事から私の自転車に乗る Seventeen mile commute to work from Canton, all bike path, and all awesome. This saves in petrol consumption dramatically, in fact, it saves 40 miles round trip which is about six trips on my 255 mile 66 dollar petrol tank. Roughly 15 MPG and that is the savings of Ten bucks per commute, at the cost of three thousand or so calories, which could be replenished by eating ten bucks worth of food... However, it should be doubly noted that such activity benefits the human body in more ways than just burning fat. Let me expraign...
We ride our bikes for a great many reasons, some overlapping into others but all with the general consensus that there is a tremendous gain psychologically and physical towards our human bodies, that it becomes somewhat of a drug, a very extensive drug that melds into our every day lives, one spoke at a time, and one hipster fixie in Royal Oak at a time too, the Plymouth Hipsters don't ride as much. With that said, suffice it to say: commuting by bicycle can be totally rad like Helltrack bit without Mr. Duke Best's smug grin whilst riding his 24" Mongoose BMX. Where is this blog going now you might ask? Dunno, I'm laying in bed writing this on my iPhone hoping the grammar is correct and I am hoping to post some pictures in this post later on today at lunch time, just so you may see some of my commute. It truly rocks and feels so wonderful when I get to work an hour and half later, it is like stepping on the moon Eruopa for the first time, such analogy is moot as you or I have never been there. The Endorphins are released in our bodies and help create the euphoric, floatiy, and dreamy state there after riding all that way, be sure to carb up too! Well, I leave in a few hours so I must carry on later, until then, stay vigilant people, I will post an addendum to this here post.

UPDATE!

My morning commute: GARMIN
How is that for some bike path fun!!! I have a video and lotsa pics coming up, I might add as a new blog entry due to the size and quanity.

UPDATE NUMBER TWO!!
A Nice Slideshow with some nice X-tian Music from the Kry in it:

The Very Last part of my Commute, the rough section:



All in all, the I-275 Bike Path is a straight shot and one of the mmore enjoyable rides, even though we are riding to work!



-WCFTW

No comments:

Post a Comment