20110930

Rain and Cycling: YouTube Playlist #1 Use While on your Trainer


So it has been borderline crappy outside all week, not impossible to ride, but not enjoyable by any stretch. Okay, I'm being a total marshmallow and need to follow Rule Number Five. I was 7 microns from going riding last night but the unthinkable happened: My excuse list exceeded my do list.

SO WATCH THIS PLAY LIST IN FULL SCREEN!


Total Riding time: 81 mins approx.

EXCUSES:

1. My Truck has a vibrating FRT RH Axle Shaft and is ready to fail, my truck resonates at 118 db after 45 mph and on the freeway it is insane loud, let alone the coins in my cup holder start to dance like Can-Can girls back in Vegas, it is intense. Extreme left turns completely silence the sound, let's hope it is cupping of the tyres, I doubt it entirely.

2. I have a cold and blew out my neck, I was not able to turn my head without moving my body at the same time, it made fellow co-workers uncomfortable when they would come by for snacks and see me slowly cringe whilst rotating my rigor mortised upper torso slowly to peer who it was, I could have used my mirror above my monitor but my eye sight is already messed up from staring at this screen all day, why strain by looking into a pair of aviators to catch a brief glimpse of a salsa thief when you can just spin around anyway? Oh yeah, my neck is screwed up.

3. The training location is Dorais Park in Detroit, about 60 miles round trip for an hour or so of intense HTFU riding / training in the cold drizzle fo shizzle... Rule no. 5 comes to mind.

View Larger Map
It is missing out in this ride that I am really beating myself up over.

4. I am almost finished reading Bike Snob and it is totally worth reading instead of riding a silly bike in the stupid rain any day.

5. My Gunnar is too clean to ride in the mud.


Those excuses are not worth their weight, I know, it is just too damn murkyblurky out right now and by the time I leave work (1800) it is dusk, the sadness sets in because this is exactly what I felt during winter until I HTFU, strapped some lights and blinky's on a bike and rode. I do love winter riding for some reason, that reason is that is NOT RAINING + COLD. Those two, not one or the other, are the main culprits for me staying indoors period. This must stop, or else ride rollers and watch videos, and that brings us to this lot of weirdness from my yesteryear.

The goal here is to ride, watch, drink water (or tea), and get fit.  The videos collectively:




[45:19] 20 videos in 24 hours Challenge!


[11:34] Autumn Riding, The unseen video from 2009.


[00:51] 1998 Destroying a door in the abandoned Hospital.


[ n/a ] A Private video still, but you can at least see the image of how "big" I was before cycling.
Sheesh.


[08:43] My Custom 1982 Mercury Cougar... R.I.P. I wish I didn't scrap it. the engine ran like a top.


[03:09] Curling Cam, my very own creation as far as I am aware. ;-)


[01:24] My very first upload to YouTube, as far as still being there and not deleted. [July 17, 2006 10:06 AM ] Many many years ago I deleted all my subs, friends, videos, mail, basically I cleaned out the whole dang thing just to support M13 as he was banned from YT for talking his mind, which was slander apparently.

So what does this have anything to do about cycling anyway? Two wheels is also motorcycling.


[10:08] There you go, my first "Nice" Bicycle, which has nearly 3000 miles on it now.

I've got it! Ride the rollers while watching the whole lot! Hmmm... Play list incoming.
I hope your rainy drizzle shut-in day was entertaining after watching these videos, thanks for your time to check them out.

-WCFTW

No comments:

Post a Comment