20110121

WannaBe's Training Lactate Threshold Results

Training Lactate Threshold

Garmin Pre-Test Result
Garmin Test result
So, I got real good sleep for starters, and my average RHR was 55 so that made me damn happy, but the added snooze made the rush to work a bit unnerving which negated all that progress anyway, so my sitting RHR is about 70 when normal. I was nervous on many different fronts today, one reason was the fact that I have never done this test before and didn't know what was going to happen. Second, was all the work at work I was multitasking to get finished proper before the weekend, this was adding a bit of stress because one of my projects is behind now from all the added tasks from the previous week, and you all know how I like the numbers. Thirdly, and lastly, and most certainly the least important of the bunch were the snide remarks I had received from a co-worker about my testing today.

You see, this test was "grandfathered in" for two weeks now, AND beneficial for the RACING GREYHOUNDS, our TEAM, and I will not let us down by not doing my part, and this is a big part, especially for a puppy such as myself. Needless to say, this trumps driving an hour across the state to go watch people drink beer and make fun of each other, don't get me wrong, I love beer and love ripping apart my friends in camaraderie, but this just seems to weigh a lot less in it's end value than finding out how much my body can take in a given test, which results shall determine just how I will train for the season. Really, and try justifying a healthy lifestyle to a

"party-time-grouchy", it just isn't going to happen. So it peeved me enough to write about it publicly, and I feel much better for it actually, and help carry you, the reader into my mind, body , and soul so you can experience what I had in the course of the last few days.

Now you are ready to pedal your brains out!!!

It is difficult to do this test and sustain such numbers, even though the numbers are not the greatest compared to elite athletes, they are amasing awesome for me, and that is all that really matters here anyway. The Wannabe Cyclist is a Team Player and a limit pusher, hopefully this lends him a hand at some ranking this coming season.

Our test works like this:
00:00 Warm up for 15 minutes
00:15 Work up to peak SUSTAINED intensity for 10 minutes
00:25 Sustained effort for 20 minutes
00:45 Cool down for 10 minutes
00:55 Done!
During the "Sustained effort for 20 minutes" section, the heart rate was recorded at minute intervals. These values are then averaged into a final LT number, which should be accurate within 10%, which is a baseline number to go off of for our training activities. This gives us the TLT or Training Lactate Threshold, or basically all balls out "I think I'm gunna puke" maximum sustained output.

-Bastardised from the original document.


And my numbers as recorded 20110121 is as followed:
1. 172
2. 178
3. 175
4. 177
5. 177
6. 178
7. 181
8. 179
9. 177
10. 180
11. 181
12. 181
13. 181
14. 177
15. 177
16. 181
17. 181
18. 182
19. 181
20. 183
=3579/20=178.95

My TLT is 178.95+/-10% or(17.895)
Range: TLTl161.055--TLTh196.845

The trick here is I thought it was 167-169 where my legs started to burn, but maybe off by a few points here.

My Gunnar was low in tyre pressure in the rear, so much so that I was moving pretty slow on the rollers, and wasn't "clipped in" thus loosing much efficiency.

Sweet though nonetheless!
_______________________________

And a few hours later, I am back to a "normal" After race HR




13.469-59:08-13.7-510.4-58.8-




-WCFTWawesome

1 comment:

  1. Okay, something to consider. You said your legs started to burn around 168. It's likely that is closer to reality. LT is the point at which your system starts to have trouble flushing lactic acid from your system, the point at which you start to "feel the burn". Revisit "Total Heart Rate Training" for a new perspective. Now, you did sustain quite a bit higher than 168 for a period of 20 minutes. I would say it's possible that points to good anaerobic endurance. That's the thing I fail at, and need to train in the coming months. Once I reach LT, I'm only good for a few minutes before performance suffers big time.

    ReplyDelete