20110129

Hines Snowbender -17 and a Quarter [Ultra Slow]

HI! Today was quite the day really, and to simplify the post, I'll give it to you like this:
Went to work, left work then went to Team meeting, discussed top secret stuff - not really. After meeting I bought a brand new SRAM chain then went to my cousins house so we could go do a real late night riding session in the snow.
A very very slow pace.
I was riding with a slower rider so it was hard to go much faster without wearing him out too bad. My comfortable pace is about 12-14 mph avg in these conditions and bike type, which is the Schwinn Ranger 2.6 SS manual trans. Today after the Team meeting, I purchased a brand new chain and tweaked my "Ghetto Chain tensioner"

to a higher cog in the rear for an easier gear ratio, it is still comfy in all gear ranges. I must say that I honestly love this bike quite much now. It is awesome fun in the snow!!

Yep, that is the Garmin data. Most of the ride was a sleepy pace but what can you do, Not all bike rides are a road race to the finish and it is actually good for your body to just take it easy every once in a while. What this means now is that I must totally hammer Five-mile hill tomorrow after Cross-Country Skiing.

Or maybe not.

Our first stop was the Plymouth Coffee Bean Company with 15 minutes to spare, we landed us a banana and a cup of coffee and they were splendid.
The Second spot was the remains of the Plymouth Ice Fesival, please see the images below for maximum detail!

BEFORE:LINK - Most of the sculptures were brand spanking new.

AFTER:LINK - Most of the sculptures were left unscathed, yet a few were toppled over like domino's.

Then soon after taking a few pictures, like the one below:

We were soon off to the Grecian Cafe for some mid ride fuel, I had Spaghetti. :)

Then we were off to ride home in the fluffy new snow, which covered at least 2 inches by the time we arrived at our origin. But some very interesting things had happened along the way, firstly, I was filming and totally ran over a mysterious object and caught it on film! Second is that while we were riding, we just so happen to catch some asshat in a VW golf (or a GEO Metro) pull a 180 on Hines right near my cousin, so both of these videos need to be edited and uploaded to this blog. Where we do have the time, I have no idea.

Anyway, this was our night, a very long but fun ride in the snow.

Cheers and ride safe people!!

-WCFTW

No comments:

Post a Comment